Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do colleges care to read about a very recent life changing incident?

I might write an essay about a life-changing event that occurred this year and how it has changed me, but I'm not sure if the colleges are cool with someone who's changed so recently.

This event changed me for the better.Do colleges care to read about a very recent life changing incident?Your life changing event can actually change another person's life. Whether this event happened just a few weeks ago or years ago, its still very important to you. When you share a story it will influence someones life.



If this event changed you for the better, who wouldn't want to hear about it, right?Do colleges care to read about a very recent life changing incident?That depends. Is it going to be pap, a good moral tale which ends with %26quot;so now I am a wonderful person%26quot;? Or is it going to explain why your reports and results have actually changed suddenly and dramatically?



%26quot;Life-changing%26quot; should mean just that. Not just %26quot;I realised I needed to work a bit harder to get into college%26quot; or %26quot;someone died and I was sad%26quot;. Basically you need to be careful not to write an essay-length excuse for bad grades.