Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How is The Catcher in the Rye an influential and life changing book?

I need to write a page long response on a book that has had the most influence on my life and why.

Im not sure what to do, but The Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book and it did actuallly have a big impact on me and i really understood it. But i dont know how exactly to write how it has influenced my life.

So how is it influential and life changing? (perhaps in your opinion)



PLEASE HELPPPP :DHow is The Catcher in the Rye an influential and life changing book?Basically, Holden is at that awkward age and he is blaming everyone else. In my opinion, Holden and The Catcher in the Rye are about accepting change and responsibility. The book has influenced me by making me accept change and put up with it instead of being immature like Holden was. Holden calls everyone %26quot;phonies%26quot; and just runs away from his problems. Seeing him be so immature (as many teens are) reminds me that I must not do as he did. Don't run away from your problems, confront them. You cannot run away from your problems forever, they will come back and be an issue sooner or later, so deal with them in the present to get ahead.



Being just a teenager myself, I am at that awkward age and have learned those things that I hope to apply to my life. %26lt;3 I hope this helps : )How is The Catcher in the Rye an influential and life changing book?I've heard that's a really good book... I should read that sometime...