Friday, June 3, 2011

Can someone help me with a life Changing experience topic?

I have to write a personal narrative about something that has changed my life for English class. I'm only 15 so I can't really think of anything that has changed my life yet. It has to be true about me but maybe I can get some examples from you guys? It has to be something my teacher and a peer editor can read too... Nothing like abuse or anything like that. My parents are still alive too so that doesn't work.



So can anyone list out their life changing experiences so I can get some ideas? please?



Thank You and God BlessCan someone help me with a life Changing experience topic?Well a life changing experience doesn't have to be big. It can be one simple moment where you realized something you never have before. Say for instance, one of my life changing experiences was when I was sitting in my basement in a really bad mood, and I started watching a spider above me and how it was spinning a thread, and it made me think about the quote in Catch 22 that relates all humans to insects and how we all cling to life in a way a spider spins it's thread, holding on. It can be one simple moment where you have this incredible epiphany about human life, nature, or the universe as you see it. It doesn't need to be some grand adventure. Though, the true changing point in my life was when I finally realized that my dad was an alcoholic after I had lived with it for years... but that doesn't help you =) I hope you think of something hun.Can someone help me with a life Changing experience topic?Just think of a lesson you learned that made you stray away from drugs, sex, violence, crime, etc... Like something your parents told you and say how that conversation made you the great person that you are today. It will be much better than hearing about everyone's dead pets lol.



Good luckCan someone help me with a life Changing experience topic?Any experience changes you.



Your first day at school.

A sermon that you listened to at church

A conflict with your sibling.



State something that has happened to you.

Now show how it affected you.

Next turn around and look at the experience and how it affected you and make a comment on how it changed where you were and where it put you.



Keep repeating this for each part of you:

YOu have a physical body,

You have an emotional body

You have a mind body

You have a spiritual body

You have a family body

You have a social body.



Go through the list or mix and match.



I had a conflict

It affected my emotions.

It changed how I related to my friend.



Now do it again:



The conflict started in my physical environment.

My body was shocked.

I found I needed to take a long hot bath to return to calmness.



Do it for each one and you will have a very thorough description.



You may wish to keep it a mental experience.

How did it affect your

perceptions

memory

predictions

preferences

opinions

undertanding.