Friday, June 3, 2011

Life changing moment for my script's character?

I wrote a screenplay about a graffiti artist who, at first isn't making his life go anywhere. Basically, he hasn't lived his life.

But after (life changing moment) occurs, he decides to go share his art with the world by becoming a street performer that makes spray paint art.



Anyway, what's a good life-changing moment my character could experience that would make him want to change his life?Life changing moment for my script's character?I think traveling to any foreign war ravaged country will do the trick for anyone. Maybe he can fall in love with a chick and she gets killed (choose your country, afghanistan, iraq, sudan, etc). I know for me being caught overseas in the lebanon attacks, I am a new person. Its not just the violence, its the lack of material things, yet communal feel and love amongst the people that is so profound.



But love stories sell, so I would suggest incorporating a journey of a graffiti artist who follows his heart and this girl he sees into her world and takes that experience back to his original place in life, but this time, his art as severe significance on a personal and global scale.