Friday, June 3, 2011

What do you think of my 250 word essay on a life changing expirience?

Looking back, I could have never imagined my life would be shaped so greatly by a group of preschoolers nearly a sixth of my age. A few years ago, I might also have laughed with disagreement at the statement, “he who teaches children learns more than they do.” A special group of 3 year-olds came I'm last fall to learn from me, and left teaching me more than I could ever ask for.

Before taking child-development, or even before high school, I was very unsure of myself. During class I was taught to build my preschoolers self-concept, but I often said to myself, “How can I teach these kids confidence, when I don’t even feel it myself?”

From them though, I have grown to believe the statement, “You can learn many things from children.” Those 3 year-olds, no matter what got in their way, they were open to whatever was presented to them, and they respected each other with value.

One instance that really stood out at me, was between two boys this past spring.What do you think of my 250 word essay on a life changing expirience?Try cutting out the quotes, and maybe a little less about how you were before and after the incident (although there has to be some of that, to show how life-changing it was).



Neat story, though.