Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?

Black Sabbath changed my life. Ozzy was unattractive, he wasn't a good singer, and he was unpopular to start with. He had so much energy on stage, and he has been given so much crap, but he never let that change who he really was. I've always had respect for that.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?i agree with you about ozzy. what ozzy did for you metallica did for me. i used to go along with the crowd and listen to pop and hip hop but metallica made me branch out. now all i listen to is metal, older rock, and jazz. and believe it or not, metallica has snapped me out of depression before.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?Red Hot Chili Peppers. I heard my brother playing %26quot;Dani California%26quot;. I looked into them more, then other bands and it changed my music taste completely.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?I really like Casting Crowns. Their songs are so meaningful. Their songs make me feel inspired and closer to God.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?Linkin Park. I know that's pretty sad. I don't even listen to them anymore but they got me into my musical obsession and now my life kind of revolves around music.



P.S Check out the band Dead PoeticWhat band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?The Beatles, John Lennon mostly, really made me think about difficulties and peace in the world. And really, they just made me a whole lot happier. I can't explain it, but no other person can just make me smile.

And John really helped me to learn to ignore any kind of criticism and whatnot.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?The Scene Aesthetic. Alot of their songs have just always kind of stuck with me and meant alot to me. It kinda made me realize how music really is because it basically helped me through alot of stuff.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?Alice Cooper - i started listening when I was11 %26amp; made me the rock lover I am still today. It is all about not taking stuff too seriously %26amp; %26amp; messing with ppl perspectives. Still listen %26amp; go to his shows.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?The devil wears prada...they are a christian screamo group and they are the ones who really got me into god. I believe this is a band that really believes in what they sing and they sing with a meaning...to spread the word of Jesus Christ :-)What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?The Grateful Dead.



A Dead Head.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?Blink 182 changed my life 10 years ago when i was 13. That sounds stupid and I really dont care.



Its like Fisher Price for punk bands.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?The Who made me more aware of the life going on around me.. I used to not really pay attention to my surroundings because I thought someone at my age couldn't do anything, then I listened to The Who's angsty tunes and felt so much more raw and powerful. Then, came in teh spirituality, songs like Bargain, See me Feel me, etc. made me feel out of my own world, still does.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?i saw the grateful dead 11/18/72 and then went on to see them almost 300 more times. i guess that changed my life.



it made me become a stinking stoner deadhead.....What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?Nirvana- I dont really know what to say... I guess I just stopped caring what other people thought. I just started saying things and acting like I wanted too. I found out that when I acted like myself and stopped trying to be what everyone else wanted it was like a weight lifted off me. Also I could really relate to what the singer went through in his life, so it kinda made me feel like i could deal with life.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?Streetlight Manifesto.



In the 9th grade i was depressed. Down on myself and with an extremely negative outlook on life, i was really doing bad. My friend had a cousin in a band named Foozler, they were a punk band from Madison, Wisconsin. The last song on their CD was entitled Ska Song, the song mentioned bands such as Reel Big Fish, Catch 22, and Less than Jake. From this i found Streetlight Manifesto and i began to love them. Still do. It really helped me. They changed my life.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?a band called Vanilla Fudge

(I know, weird name, no worse than any today)

back in 1965 really opened me up

they were YEARS ahead of their time

again, remember this was 1965



don't %26quot;Monday Morning%26quot; quarterback them



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aWFaZgwe…What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?The Rolling Stones way back in 64, they showed me there's more to life that little white houses with little white picket fences, and that there' s a whole big world out there.

take care

daveWhat band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?Our Lady Peace



They helped me and opened my mind to alternative music. Actually they were the first alternative band I started listening to. Their lyrics have helped me tremendously. Especially their song %26quot;Innocent%26quot; after I heard that, I just I don't know how to explain it, but I was just genuinely a happier person. The song gives hope, and lets people know that we are all %26quot;Innocent%26quot; and that we are just human.What band had a life-changing effect on you, and what did it make you become?The Beatles!! Every time i hear a song by them, i just gotta smile!! Each Beatles had different views and whatnot, so im not exactly sure what about them changed me, or what they helped me become since they've just kinda been ther for me all my life. I guess that they helped me to be a more musical person, and to be original! :3