Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What was a life-changing moment in your life?

I have a few some positive some negative



The day my grandmother died.

The day my best friend died.

The day my wife asked for a divorce.

The day I found out I was sterile.



The day my wife said %26quot;yes%26quot; to my proposal.

The day we walked down the isle.What was a life-changing moment in your life?When my best friend tried to rape me.



Another was when I was on crutches and someone tried to push me in front of an oncoming subway train.What was a life-changing moment in your life?When, in my late teens, I passed out from heat exhaustion while painting a house. I was up under the eaves of a 3-story building at the top of a ladder and fell to the ground. Nothing happened to me, except that I woke up in a hospital with a masked face and pair of eyeglasses looking down at me, asking if I knew my name.



I figured at that point, nothing would kill me until my time on earth was done, a point I'd never be able to foresee. Also, after that, I figured every extra day was gravy, no matter how bad it might be.What was a life-changing moment in your life?When I finally got the courage to leave my ex husband.He was abusive and had threatened to kill me if I left.I took the kids and filed for divorce while he was at work.The feeling of excitement that finally something could be good in my life.What was a life-changing moment in your life?When I had an abortion. Afterwards I felt like I murdered my own child, and kharma paid me back for it. I lost all 13 pregnancies my husband and I had together. Then I had to have my uterus removed due to cancer and never was able to have a child. The doctors had no answers as to why my body wouldn't carry a pregnancy to full term. But I know why.What was a life-changing moment in your life?The day my Grandmother died. It resulted in the last time I would ever see any of my mother's family and feel love from them. My cousin (she was like my little sister) was also taken away as a result of this, to live in another state (my uncle was an unfit parent), and I went from seeing her every day to watching her being driven away crying and no one bothering to explain to me at age 9 why she couldn't be my cousin any longer.



The day I realized that my best friend was no longer my best friend. We went from best friends of 12 years to not even aknowledging each other in passing. I realized I was my own person and didn't need to rely on others to enjoy life.