Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you ever had a life-changing experience?

One that changed your life forever, and not for a couple of days? Maybe a near-death experience?



I'd love to hear your story!Have you ever had a life-changing experience?I have a very sad story that I heard last week. I took a valuable lesson from it.



Alright, so this is my parent's friend's friend. Confused? Great! Anyway, she was a Mother. She has a 15 year old daughter. FIFTEEN. The daughter had a swimming meet. The mom was supposed to be at work but she managed to go to the meet and see her daughter. The 15 year old swam her event, won it, and was exhausted afterwards. For a few minutes she rested on the edge of the pool to recover. But...she fainted and sunk to the bottom of the pool. The mother was watching this and screaming hysterically,as anyone would do. The daughter died right there. I don't know the official cause of death, but it could have been too much adrenaline caused the heart to fail.



A mother had to watch her healthy 15 year old daughter die.



I just turned 21. I'm a male virgin. I am a depressed, emotional wreck. I can't tell the one girl I have ever considered having a relationship with that I care about her because she is a good friend, and I am afraid of rejection. That awoke something inside of me. It could end any day for any of us.I realized I need change. I need to ask this girl out because it is the only thing that will make me happy.



So, I did. I told her everything I felt. I opened up myself to this girl. Now, we're going out. I feel like the happiest person to ever exist.



I have learned two things:



1. The only way to live a good life is to act on your emotions.

2. Practice honesty, even if it is uncomfortable. It's a concept called radical honesty. People appreciate genuine people who are at peace with themselves.Have you ever had a life-changing experience?Going through the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.Have you ever had a life-changing experience?I spent a month working in West Africa a few years back. I was deeply moved by the poverty, yet pride, of the people there.



A lot of the 'houses' in the area I was in were just crumbling brick walls - most with no roofs at all. Yet at day break the women of the family would be outside sweeping the dirt outside of their place with makeshift brooms. They took pride in what they had.



As a 'Westerner' that really changed my outlook on life. I used to be very critical of our government, medical systems, etc... I used to always want more than what I had.



Now I am grateful for what I have. We wouldn't be human if we didn't want more, but now it isn't all I want. If my family and I are happy %26amp; healthly that is now much more important to me.Have you ever had a life-changing experience?I tried to kill myself while waiting on the streets like usual for a ride (This was actually my second attempt...first was with a mix of aspirin, sleeping pills, allergy pills, etc,). I ate two huge bottles of iron-fortified vitamins because I thought they would cause my liver to fail....that's what I read anyway. I prayed to God to let me live or die...whatever he wanted...I didn't care. I didn't even get sick. I felt under the weather for a few weeks and everything tasted like metal, but I didn't die and I realized that God wanted me to live. I haven't ever tried suicide since, and don't ever plan to again. This experience really changed my life because it made me believe that maybe there was a God out there who loved me and didn't want to see me dead on the streets somewhere. I've been trying to live my best ever since and take each day as it comes. I am also more faithful to my religion than ever and feel closer to God. So this experience definitely changed my life.Have you ever had a life-changing experience?when I was very young something happened to me that I told to my parents but they didn't believe me or maybe they didn't understand me or maybe they thought it didn't had much importance, I'm a girl and I met a guy who abused me emotionally and I lost lots of my fundamental feelings and thoughts, I lost my confidence and lots of my unconscious habits, then I thought if I'm going to live like this I better not even live, and I put all of my strength on it to change it, I start making a new human, and I did it. after that I became stronger than before, I learned that if you don't help yourself, there is no one to help you, then you better learn to take care of yourself, I learned how to use every single thing you find in your environment, or you see in other people, I learned how to run away from tricky situations, I found a new logic, a new way of thinking and making decisions, and lots of other things, but still, I can see the unconscious part of my brain injured, who knows maybe God helped me (as he did before) and I fixed that part too.
  • make a comforter how do i do it
  • handling exceptions
  •