Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?

Or a life-changing essay? I recently read Emerson's %26quot;Self-Reliance%26quot;, and it was absolutely life changing. I want to read more things like that. So what have you read that has changed your life?? I surely want to read it! I don't want to wake up when I'm forty filled with regret.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?%26quot;Sophie's World%26quot; by Gaardner. Totally changed my view of the world. It was an amazing book.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?Definately the Bible.

Report Abuse

Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?You sound like a determined person. I would say that I have read one of those so-hard-to-find books. It was called Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul. There are other books like Chicken Soup for the Mothers Soul and all that good stuff.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?Tuesday's with Morrie. It taught me not to take life for granted and that each chapter was something that i should hold close to my heart before my time on Earth was done. It taught me so many things and I'm always thinking about it.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?new moon by stephenie meyer. appriciate what you have, it could be gone in no time at all.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?well I have read and watched the movie friend green tomatoes. Which is a book about friends who stick together through everything. They never tlk about one another they always trust each other. and in the end they prove that true friendship can stick out through anything good or bad.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?It depends on what you consider a life changing book. The books that have changed my perspective on life most were Night by Eli Weisel and Revenge of the Whale by Nathaniel Philbrick. Both of those are really sad, but that is what I find to make a powerful book.

Another genre of books, makes for a new set of life changing books. The following books didn't really change who I am or how I think, but they were the best books that i have ever read in my life. The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer! Those were the best books I have ever read in my life.

If you are older and more interested in more sophisticated essays and such that I strongly suggest getting the complete workd of E.B. White. In my opinion he is the best writer of all time. He could write for all sorts of people. Young, old, rich, poor.

I would also reccomend the Law Of Attraction. Now necessarily because it is a good book, but it certainly is an interesting theory. Actually if I were you I would just look up the Law Of Attraction, because its the theory that is good, not the book.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?I think the poem %26quot;IF%26quot; by Rudyard Kipling, %26quot;Markings%26quot; by Dag Hammarskj枚ld and %26quot;The Prophet%26quot; by Kahlil Gibran are nice to meditate on. I have to admit, not all of the above inspired me the first time I read them. I continually have to go back to The Prophet to get a taste for that.



Oh and I have never read it but I hear Seven Story Mountain (Thomas Merton) is a great book.Have you ever read a life changing book? What is it?The Bible is definitely my life-changing book. %26quot;For God loved the world so much that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but live eternally.%26quot;