Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?

%26quot;To Kill A Mockingbird%26quot; by Harper Lee. It has a lesson about bigotry through an autobiographical tale of a young girl in the south during the 1930s. It is both entertaining and touching to see how Scout and her brother Jem learn lessons from their father, Atticus, from watching his actions in public. The movie is good but the book is excellent. Ms. Lee won a Pulitzer Prize for the work and it used to be part of literature in schools. It is my belief that the lesson is no longer considered %26quot;politically correct%26quot; in today's culture but IMO it is a timeless classic.



Having grown up in a small town in the center of the US, I never knew much about the bigotry before I read the book. When I moved to a city I was able to see people for their attributes rather than their race. Hating a whole group of any people just takes too much effort.Have you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?the alchemist

veronika decides to die

by paulo coelho

and the other one, one hundred and one ways by yukikoHave you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic

Chalmers JohnsonHave you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?The Fountain Head - Ayn RandHave you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?The Raging Quiet - I don't remember the author, but it was about a girl who was basically given to a man and wed, and moved away from her family and the guy is awful to her, and then he dies in an accident, and the town is convinced she is a witch and the suspicion grows stronger as she befriends a youth of her own age who is supposed to have demons inside of him, but she realizes he is only deaf, but together they do all they can to overcome the cruelness of the community...



also, A Child Called It - which most people have heard of. Its a heartbreaking story, but an intriguing read all the same. Good luck on your search :)Have you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?Yes.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

It has made me more positive and optimistic. It taught me how to welcome each day as a blessing. It teaches me to be more sensitive to my surroundings. I taught me a great deal about life. It taught me that I should believe in my dreams because they are going to be true. Here's one of my fave quotes from the book: %26quot;If you want something, the whole universe conspires in order for you to achieve it.%26quot; Thus the subtitle of the book, A Fable About Following Your Dream.



The Little Prince

by Antoine Marie de Saint-Exupery

Its a really light book but very meaty with lessons and simple profound truths of life. It taught me to fight for what I have been fighting for since long ago- resist being an adult (you see I don't understand adults). The book teaches me to be childlike.

These books are really inspiring and are worth-reading.Have you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?Besides the %26quot;Holy Bible.%26quot; I would say a book called %26quot;The Richest Man in Babylon.%26quot; It is a book on success, and how to achieve success. It's kinda short and put into story form so it's not repetitive like most self help books. This book was reccomended to me by every rich person I know. (I'm a Auto Wholesaler, so I know alot of rich people.) It completely changed my way of thinking about money and how I go about my career and becoming successful. I have read the book 7 times, and bought it 13 times, but for some reason it keeps getting stolen from me. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND everyone read this book. %26quot;The Richest Man in Babylon.%26quot;Have you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?Yes, The River Runs Salt, Runs Sweet by Jasmina Dervisevic Cesic. It is the autobiography of a young woman in Bosnia who as a teenager is falling in love for the first time when her country starts to break up and the Yugoslav army turns against its own people. She suffers terrible, appalling losses during the next years, and yet she comes out of her ordeal as an optimist who still believes in the essential goodness of people. She is also an amazing example of someone who goes through hell and comes out on the other side saying, %26quot;Well, how do I still have a good life after all that has happened to me?%26quot; She is my hero. Any time I feel down about my life, I think of Jasmina. If she can be optimistic and appreciate the good things in life, surely I can, too!Have you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?walk two moons.

i cant describe it. just read it yourself and you will understandHave you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?Lara and the gray mare series( my childhood favorite) those books made be want to be a writer.Have you ever read a book that was a life-changing experience?Les Miserables by Victor Hugo