Monday, September 19, 2011

What are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?

novels by yoshimoto bananaWhat are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?Hmmmm. Life changing? Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. You will think there are Vampires living in secret! That's life changing.What are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?Are You there God? It's me, Margaret

is a good one for 12-14 year olds.



the Harry Potter series is good for teens too.What are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?%26quot;Little Women%26quot; by Louisa May Alcott

%26quot;The Diary of Anne Frank%26quot; by Anne Frank

%26quot;The Catcher in the Rye%26quot; by J.D. Salinger (about a boy, though)

%26quot;Teacher Man%26quot; by Frank McCourt (about an adult Irishman learning to teach high school, so it depends on the age of the teenage girl-- it's autobiographical, funny, and poignant)

%26quot;To Sir with Love%26quot; may be a book... the old movie is good...

%26quot;The Wizard of Earthsea%26quot; by Ursula K. LeGuin is actually a meaningful book, even if it is fantasy, and it was life-changing for me when I was young--



and I suggest you go to the following link just to take a look at what is offered as classics to any particular age group; it may even tell a bit about the books... I have visited a few times lately so I know it is a 'safe' site, no bugs. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!



http://www.gutenberg.orgWhat are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?I agree with the person above, %26quot;Catcher in the Rye%26quot; by J.D. Salinger was amazing. Also try %26quot;The Perks of Being a Wallflower%26quot; by Stephen Chbosky and if you like poetry %26quot;Revolution On Canvas%26quot;or %26quot;What my mother doesn't Know%26quot;. I would suggest sticking to timless classic pieces, their themes always have an impact on people regardless of age. ( Like 1984 and Of Mice and Men)What are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?I just finished a book today that I think would be an excellent choice:



A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty SmithWhat are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?Never in my whole time here (like four days) have I ever seen anyone recommend, mention or even refer to 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever' - Stephen Donaldson. I do think it's the best book I've ever read.



It may not be absolutely life-changing, but I do wish I could love and admire scenery like that. The scenery struck chords with me, made me change my way of thinking, made me change my taste in music, made me love again. :)What are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale HurstonWhat are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?S.E. Hintons %26quot;The Outsiders%26quot; and %26quot;That Was Then,This is Now%26quot; are both very good books for teens. I have read then several times as an teen and as an adult.What are some meaningful, life changing books a teenage girl can read?Middlemarch by George Eliot.
  • channel
  • vc
  •