Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What are some insipring life-changing psychology-related books for a 17 year old?

Well, they don't have to be specificaly in that category..but somewhere along the lines. I just want to read something that'll have a positive effect on the way I think, and something actually worth reading! so please, give me your best recommendations, maybe write a short description of what it's aboutWhat are some insipring life-changing psychology-related books for a 17 year old?There's two books which immediately come to mind. Both obvious choices, but if you haven't read them then i feel you are really missing out.



Albert Camus - The Outsider, a fantastic novel which i have read countless times. Deals with themes of isolation and the absurdity of human existence with truly beautiful prose.



George Orwell - Down and out in Paris and London, George Orwells acount of time spent on the streets of Paris and London, truly opens your eyes.What are some insipring life-changing psychology-related books for a 17 year old?a million little pieces.



it will change your life. it changed mineWhat are some insipring life-changing psychology-related books for a 17 year old?The Diary of Anne Frank...changed my life. I read it at 15, now I'm 19 and that book still touches me.



You may have already read it yourself, but just in case you haven't I forgot to add a description:



a true story in diary format, but beautifully written like a novel, about a teenage girl who goes into hiding when Hitler rises to power because she's Jewish. As months pass you can see clearly in her writing that she matures and becomes more spiritual, and holds onto her compassion for humanity no matter what bitterness and cruelty evil throws at her. She is one incredible soul, and just imagine what more she could have written had she survived! Probably masterpieces (aside from her diary).What are some insipring life-changing psychology-related books for a 17 year old?Way of the Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman. I read it when I was 19, and it helped shake me out of some strange and negative ideas I had about how the world worked, and where strength really comes from.



What are some insipring life-changing psychology-related books for a 17 year old?Feel the fear and do it anyway. It was mentioned on two pints of larger and a packet of crisps, i read it for a laugh. Turned out to be pretty good (Y)

xxxWhat are some insipring life-changing psychology-related books for a 17 year old?My younger sister and my oldest son used this book written by Jay McGraw, yes Dr. Phil's son. My nephew was heading to jail and other things, his mother made him read this book and what a difference in him. Complete turn around from the way he was. He wasn't welcome to my home, but since his change in attitude and the way he acts, I now let him come to visit.

My granddaughter was basically the same going down the wrong path. And now she's a young lady, the way a young 16 year should be.

Both of them have new friends now, and they are happy and enjoying life more then ever.