Monday, September 19, 2011

Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?

I know babies and marriage all change your life, finding religion too, but I'm talking about events that have brought about changes in a big way...Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?I don麓t know about any event in my life but to know I was pregnant.

I think that麓s not wat you麓re expecting, but that麓s true, that really changed my life and my rol where I move.

Everybody told me I was a very sweet and happy girl. That started to settle down while pregnancy. When my baby was 1-year-old, I felt I was 10 years older than my real age.

My smile dissapeared, only appears in front of my 4-years-old son, and in very rare situations.

That was a great change for me.Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?Went from cocaine addict and alcoholic to training to be a personal trainer.



What made me do it?- Knowing I am worth more.Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?I got into a fight with my boyfriend in high school. A big one. It was at his house in the driveway. His mother came out and ended up witnessing me at one of the most angry moments of my entire life. Bridges were burned and it was soon the talk of half of the town due to what was said and done. (Nothing physical, just a little intense).



Years later, we ended up running into each other again. The love was still there and we started dating again. That one fight has had a huge impact on my life now. I think it will always haunt us a little, the things we said to each other. It has taken 2 years to have his family forgive me. Certain people have an intial perception of who I am having heard about that argument (ie his family members). Because of the fight his mother and I had trouble getting along at his college graduation and he asked me to leave - so I didn't get to see him graduate. That turned into us breaking up, me seeing someone else in spite, which later led to a new job. It's was like this domino affect. All starting at this one point - that fight.



Also, looking back on the anger and hatred I had that day has made me really look into myself and correct some of the issues that caused all of that. I am a much more calm and happy person due to seeing how bad I could really get.Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?Yes. When my mother had a stroke. I was 23 and going to the university full time.She did every thing for me :cooking,cleaning,doing my laundry,etc. Then,she was gone all of a sudden. She was alive,but she was like a baby. Now,I had to take care of her.Now,I had to pay bills and be responsible for myself.It was definitively life-changing.Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?My husband being diagnosed with cancer was a biggie. It really does make you realize how fragile life is. Also, just recently my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. My dad has always been my hero, he has always been able to build, design and make just about anything, or fix anything. He could play many musical instruments, and got me started playing piano. The way I think, the things I now know how to do is all because of his patience, love, and knowledge.

This wonderful man now cannot even remember how to tie his own shoes or remember how to use a telephone. I can't even accurately describe how horrible and life changing this experience has been. Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?When my mum was dying of cancer I took her to Chitchinitza in Mexico. With a real struggle we both managed to climb to the top where we sat for hours talking about life. She told me things that she had never told anybody else. I learned more about my mum in those short hours than I had done in the whole of her life. I discovered two things about the trip and that was that firstly you should spend every day as if it was your last and secondly never take anything for granted. Following the death of my mum I decided to live my life to the full and have now started to do all the things I want to and no longer think oh I'll do it tomorrow. Next year I am going to the Great wall of China to do a sponsored walk for a cancer charity. Before my mum died I would of just thought about it.Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?well i had a life changing event in my life the day that my four and a half month old son died! his first day in day care from sids. the first year i was a train wreck with out a doubt. then i had another little boy it saved my life. i had to start all over again. but i did fine that was ten years ago and two more living children later every thing is right as rain with my life it is so much better now than it was then i'm almost finished with law school the boys are getting so big.i'm really proud of how my life has changed in ten years do i miss him absolutely i think about him every day. i hope that life never throws you a curve ball that awful but it gets better with time. Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?some good years ago i got sick with anorexia. i felt i was fat and needed to lose weight, although i had never been fat, but it just seemed so to me. my period stopped and i was very much underweight and realized i was a sick person. i think then i realized that health is so important in this life.Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?I wasn't a confident girl in high school but I felt that I was perfectly average until I met my future ex-husband. He started calling me a ***** within the first couple of weeks that I started dating him, always telling me it was only a joke that I shouldn't take things he said so seriously. Why would I worry if I wasn't really a *****?

We had a very rocky year and a half to go before we were married. I left for college, I caught him cheating, and he started trying to control me more, talked horribly to me. He could go out with friends but I couldn't. He wanted me to talk to him every minute I had free so it was very hard to keep up with my school work especially after he moved so close to me while I was in college. %26quot;I saved you,%26quot; he later told me after I was kicked out of school for my grade; 淚 came to take you home.%26quot;

Six months after I left college, my family life was strained for many reasons including his manipulation between my mom and I, I felt like I had no one else to lean on so when my grandma told me she would pay for us to get married, I took her offer. He was my saving grace, right? It was not long before I found out what a mistake I had made.

It started out good, we got the bills paid, loved each other and things were looking up for us. We were married in April by October he had lost his job which put a ton of stress on my shoulders because we had just bought a car that was reliable, I had only a part time job that took up all of my time and his family hated helping us. After he lost his job our fights were more intense, we were never physical but there was a lot of screaming, he started balling up his hands into fist raising his hand and threaten to hit me. I had always told him that if he ever hit me I would leave. I later learned that was a lie. He finally hit me in December, tried to rape me in January and just a few days later punched a whole in our apartment wall.

How could a 20 year old with hardly any job experience, no car and no family that wants her get away from this guy? I was so beaten down emotionally that I was in a really deep depression. I couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror or even remember what it was like when things were better. My mom out of no where called me to ask if things were ok, I couldn't lie to her, I was desperate to get out of this situation. He is 6'3 and not a skinny boy, I am 5ft tall. There was no way I could ever get away from him if he decided to get a hold of me. I told my mom everything and she told me to move back in with her. I was gone a week later.

Here I am a little over a year later working my way back to feeling ok about myself. I learned that self love is way more important than the love of another. He could beat me down that low because I had no self worth, any idea about this amazing person that I am. I am a beautiful woman who has been through a rough life but I am over coming my past to have a bright future. I hope that all of those girls or boys that do not love themselves which have settled for less grow to understand that you have to love yourself as deeply as you want to be loved. Do not go through an abusive relationship to learn that you are worth more, that you are amazing and truly do matter.

I had my whole life planned out but I changed it for a stupid boy that had no clue what he had.

Have you had a life changing experience and if so what was it?A sentimental break up, to be alone with my children, that it is the experiencie that changed my life.