Friday, September 23, 2011

Has anyone had a life-changing or life-threatening event that made you appreciate your SO/spouse more?

what was it?



did you feel guilty for worrying/nagging about the little things before it happened?



how has it changed your relationship?



thanks.Has anyone had a life-changing or life-threatening event that made you appreciate your SO/spouse more?4 years ago my husband and I were in a very bad auto accident. He didn't have his seat belt on when someone pulled out in front of us on a highway and he hit the windshield. He had several broken bones, an extremely cut up face (he almost lost one ear) and a head injury. He spent 4 days in Intensive Care and 2 weeks in the Neurological Unit before he was transferred to the Rehabilitation Unit and then 2 months in outpatient therapies which included occupational and speech therapies as well as physical therapy.



Did I feel guilty?- not too much for nagging and griping at him except I am still a little PO'd that he didn't have his seat belt on. There isn't much you can do about things that went before. There were so many issues to deal with after the accident, I just stayed focused on what needed doing in the now. The situation was stressful enough without making it worse by beating myself up over things I couldn't change.



But I do appreciate that I still have him. And I appreciate more what we had before the accident. It certainly has changed our relationship. I am more in the role of caretaker with him, even now 4 years later when he is more or less back to himself. I try not to take our life together for granted these days.Has anyone had a life-changing or life-threatening event that made you appreciate your SO/spouse more?I dont know what you mean??Has anyone had a life-changing or life-threatening event that made you appreciate your SO/spouse more?i was in a car accident at the point in the relationship when it went bad, we would fight alot and argue for the smallest reasons. after i got out of the hospital i realized alot of things and started appreciating life and what i brought

we are still together and enjoying everyday like theres no tomorrowHas anyone had a life-changing or life-threatening event that made you appreciate your SO/spouse more?Yes. When my Mother passed away, my mentally abusive relationship with my then husband was beyond a piece of sh*t. It made be realize how precious life was, and how little time we actually have here on earth. I then summoned all the strength and courage I had, and left that relationship. It was the best thing I could have done for myself....I have since remarried and found true happiness.Has anyone had a life-changing or life-threatening event that made you appreciate your SO/spouse more?This isn't really an answer to your question but it makes me think of the movie %26quot;Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind%26quot;. In the movie, this couple has been together for a while and don't appreciate each other much anymore. They get into a fight, and the impulsive girlfriend decides to have her boyfriend erased from her memory. The boyfriend finds out and does the same thing, but during the process of reliving the earlier memories... he changes his mind. They end up finding each other and finding out how they got each other erased. It's really cute (:
  • textbox
  • hide myspace music
  •