Monday, September 19, 2011

What was a life changing experience for you??

What is a life changing experience that happened to you,big or small. and how does it effect who you are today



describe how it changed youWhat was a life changing experience for you??When I was 14 my mother died of cancer. My entire life revolved around taking care of her ever since I could remember...I am the strong young woman I am today because of her now extinct presence on earth.What was a life changing experience for you??Caring for my Dad when he was dying. I see elderly people in a totally different way - I'm much more sympathetic.What was a life changing experience for you??I was in a really bad car wreck.

Prior to that I was very lively and wore bright coloerd clothes.

After I became introverted, hate to leave the house and wear mostly black.

I don't know why.What was a life changing experience for you??When my daughter was born she was put on life support for a birth defect, 17 days later the doctor came out and told us she coded and was no longer %26quot;with us%26quot;, just then a nurse ran out and said they were able to resuscitate her, and I dropped to my knees and swore that I would never take one breathe for granted again if she made it. 12 years later I have an amazingly beautiful daughter with a clean bill of health!What was a life changing experience for you??I was screwing up in my life and got into drugs. I was having a conversation with a 3 year old and forgot what I was talking to her about. She sat there waiting for me to talk. That was embarrassing and made me realize that maybe those drugs were screwing me up. I stopped cold turkey and have never regretted stopping.What was a life changing experience for you??Finding who i truly am...the biggest experience for me.

I know I'm a person that has an awesome day at school...

But the reason I'm depressed all the time is cuz my family treats me like crap.



Thats most likely not what you wanted me to say, but i just needed to get that out.

lol.What was a life changing experience for you??Read a quote from someone named Swindels who wrote, %26quot;The most important decision I make every day is in the early morning whyen I determine what my attitude will be for that day.%26quot;



A great reminder that we control our attitude. I keep a positive attitude and it has dramatically improved my life.What was a life changing experience for you??When I graduated from Boot. I realized I'm more than just me. I'm a part of something great. The U.S. Army.What was a life changing experience for you??I lived a very sheltered type life in my hometown and I got married young (19) back in the 70's. I only knew a specific type of ethnic background like my own. My husband was in the Army and we were stationed away from my hometown. I met many people of different races, different income levels and learned to adapt to new cities etc... At the time It was hard but looking back it gave me confidence in who I am and I was privileged to meet many different people. It was a life changing experience. In the 70's people were more prejudiced than they are today. Sometimes I would be at a mall and I would be the only hispanic in the store, it was a life experience.What was a life changing experience for you??I married my high school sweetheart, have 3 great kids and were happily married for 30 yrs. he died in 2000. my whole world was turned upside down because we loved each other so deeply and now I'm on my own. we were married young so I don't know how to date, I'm so afraid to get involved with anyone because my husband was my solemate and I could not love like that again. I don't know what to do !!! I'm so lonely.What was a life changing experience for you??I did everything backwards in life but it turned out ok. I had a child, got married, had another child, bought a new home ***, went to college at 28 and graduated in 4 yrs. Only 12% of the college pop. graduated in 4 years. Some quit due to money and some just quit. So college was a big one for me. I went to work at a psych hospital.What was a life changing experience for you??I was born in the U.S., but this pass summer I visited my native country for the first time. I got really emotionally attached to all my relatives and cousins, and when it was finally time to go back to the U.S.A., I shed endless tears, for the first time in my life, I found out how it was like to say %26quot;goodbye%26quot; to your loved ones knowing it'd be a while before you'd see them again. It's taught me how to be stronger emotionally, even though it was really hard :[